Lots of stories to tell about this eclipse but for now I'll share this quick sequence I put to together using some of the shots I took with my D7000 and a Baader film filter and also share what happened to that filter.
I created the filter by mounting the Baader film on the lens hood for my 55-200mm lens. I also created filters for our Nikon binoculars by mounting the film on cardboard tubes that fit over the binocular objective lenses. After the eclipse, we were packing to travel and I wrapped all three filters in clothes packed in our suitcase. Unfortunately, I forgot to tell my wife and she washed the clothes, including the filters. Noing left of the cardboard or Baader film, though of course the lens hood is fine.
So, I get to create a new set for the Venus transit coming up up June 5th. Thankfully, we'll see that from home so I don't have to worry about the next set going through the wash...
Click the eclipse montage to see more information on what went into creating it.
Links on this blog have been configured to open in a new window. I know some people consider that a bad practice, that it should be left to the visitor. Personally, I prefer not "loosing my place" in a blog just because I clicked on a link without explicitly indicating it should open in a new window. I hope you agree.